I love the look of the Emboss Resist on this flower. This is one of the cards we did at the community center classes this month - the technique is called Emboss Resist. We had actually learned this technique a year ago, but hey, its good to review, right?
I just love how how feminine this card looks, the blue is called Pool Party and its a really feminine color of blue. And the texture embossing on this card also adds to the feminine look.
This is one of those projects where things work better when done in a particular order.
- First we embossed the scallops across the bottom using the Needlepoint Scallop Border folder
- Then we embossed the Designer Frame Oval . We had to really pay attention here to be sure both embossing folders face upward!
- Then we wrapped the ribbon around
- Last was to stamp the sentiment - which by the way is the sentiment from the Paper Pumpkin Welcome Kit.
The Emboss Resist Technique really makes the flower pop. You can see more samples of Emboss Resist on my blog by clicking HERE and scrolling down past this post.
- This little flower is from a set called Oh Hello. We stamped it on scrap paper in White Craft Ink and Heat embossed with White Embossing Powder.
- Next we sponged on Pool Party ink.
- Then punched it out with the Extra-large Oval Punch, which was designed to fit perfectly inside the Embossed Oval Designer Frame
Truly, this was my favorite card this month. Which one was yours? If you are one of my local stampers then leave me a comment below and tell me which of the cards we did this month was your favorite. I'll have a special treat at our next class for everyone who leaves a comment. Ummm - yummy! OOps - I did not mean to exclude anyone. Everyone can leave a comment, but you'll have to come to class to pick up your treat.
If you'd like to attend local stamping events then check my events calendar for a date and location that works for you. The stampers who come to my events are all really friendly and helpful and you'd have a lot of fun.
And by the way, I do private classes too! Contact me for more details and to set up a date for you and your friends. 608-220-3450