I'm thinking green today, looking out the window at white, but thinking green. Yes its March already and true to form its snowing here in Wisconsin. I'm hoping this little leprechaun will bring some green to our yard. And with St. Patrick's day just a few weeks away I thought you might enjoy a little Irish inspiration.
The punch art on this card is not too difficult. Most of it is just punch and paste.
You could cut most of these shapes freehand or use what ever sizes of circles and oval punches you have. I just liked the combination of these sizes and I really, really like being able to just punch the pieces and go. I'm not one much for fussy cutting. So, here's the list of punches I used to finish the leprechaun.
- The gold is punched from Gold Glimmer Paper with the 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch
- The Pot is a combination of the Extra Large Oval Punch and the Word Window Punch
- The Hat is the Note Tag Punch, the brim is the Modern Label Punch, I cut the black strip freehand and the little gold flower is from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack
- The Leprechaun's face is the 1-3/8" Circle Punch with 1/4" circles for the eyes and nose
and his orange beard is the 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch
The leprechaun card was one of my trades for our last Madison Area demonstrator meeting. We also did a version of the leprechaun as a group Make & Take candy bar wrap. There's a yummy little Kit Kat bar wrapped up inside this sweet treat.
Depending on how your day is going sometimes chocolate is better than gold. Do you know anyone who'd appreciate a little sweet treat? Who knows, maybe giving a little leprechaun to someone might bring you a little luck!
Thanks for stopping by
And as always, you can get all the supplies to make this project, the leprechaun and his pot of gold, from my on-line store.
* * * Find a deal * * *
|**Up to 80% Savings
on Clearance Rack Items
**Don't miss the Weekly Deals
new product each Tuesday
**Choose a FREE item
with each $50 purchase
* * * Make a Purchase * * *
|I'll be happy to help you place your order|
|If you're ordering on-line then use this Hostess Code |
to be registered for my Customer Rewards Program
9SSPXGR7 (good thru - March 15)
* * * Browse the Catalogs * * *
**Sale-a-bration Brochure (PDF)
**See what's still available from
the Fall Holiday Catalog